In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Chocolate Cream Pie

I have to be honest, I have no idea if this pie is any good at all and I probably never will unless I make another one. You see, I love pumpkin pie and until the last piece of pumpkin is gone I will not touch this pie. This was David's pie request for Thanksgiving and I can almost guarantee that this pie will be gone by the time I finish the Pumpkin Pie. It was really simple to make, although I did notice it was a little runny, should probably have cooked it just a little longer. I can't imagine it is too terrible considering the last photo...

Chocolate Cream Pie
from Allrecipes
INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
2 (1 ounce) squares
unsweetened chocolate
3 egg yolks
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine sugar, flour, milk, and chopped up chocolate in 2 quart saucepan. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until mixture begins to bubble. Continue stirring for 2 minutes.
2. Mix a little of the hot mixture into the egg yolks, beating rapidly to avoid cooking the yolks. Stir the warm yolk mixture into the remainder of the chocolate mixture, and cook for an additional 90 seconds. Remove from heat, and stir in butter or margarine and vanilla.
3. Pour filling into pie shell, and chill until set. Top with whipped topping, and a little grated chocolate.

I swear it did have whip cream, it was just very hard to get a photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails