In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pomegranates


How can you help but love this time of year. Some of the best fruit of the year becomes available: meyer lemons, pomegranates, and this week I will try my very first Persimmon. I can't wait.  There have been some great recipes and resources about Pomegrantes available lately. Bon Appetit did a feature story on Pomegranates and included a recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash, Pomegranate and Walnut Salad. Not to mention the Pomegranate Panna Cotta! I have always wanted to make Panna Cotta at home and this seems like the perfect opportunity. 
A recent post on  Mighty Foods included some great recipe links and resources as well. We have already had two dinners this season with Pomegranate seeds: Golden Beet and Pomegranate Salad along with Soba Noodles with Broccoli, Walnuts and Pomegranates
I am also tempted to stock up on Pomegranates and make this Pomegranate Jelly from Simply Recipes. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful picture! I've never been able to find Meyer Lemons...I wish I could....and suggestions????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails