In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Cookies for Santa- Snickerdoodles


All week as we prepared for Christmas I was thinking that we would need to go to bed early tonight as we live so close to North Pole certainly we would be the first stop on Santa's list. I even told David that I did not feel guilty asking for big heavy presents as Santa would not need to carry them very far. This afternoon as I read Siri's blog looking for her Snickerdoodle recipe I realized that it would already be Christmas morning in Norway long before we go to bed. This means that we will be lucky if Santa gets to our house by the time we put the coffee on tomorrow morning! Well I hope he at least makes a quick trip by his place before he brings all my big heavy presents. Well, if Santa gets here before the cinnamon rolls are done in the morning there will be a plate of snickerdoodles and some egg nog waiting for him.
Merry Christmas to all of you around the world! *Update: A recent check of the Norad Santa Checker confirms my early comments, Santa does indeed start his journey in Russia and ends in Alaska (North Pole).

Snickerdoodles
from Transplanted Baker
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cup sifted flour
2 t. cream of tarter
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 t. sugar + 2 t. cinnamon for rolling

1. Mix the shortening, butter, sugar, and eggs together thoroughly.
2. Sift together the rest of the ingredients.
3. Mix the wet and dry and ingredients, then chill.
4. Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts.
5. Roll in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
6. Preheat oven to 350F. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 12 minutes, or until browned.
WATCH OUT FOR BURNING! THEY WILL BE SOFT AND LOOK NOT QUITE DONE-
DON’T LET THEM GO TOO LONG.
7. Eat while still warm with cocoa, milk, or coffee while watching It’s A Wonderful Life.

1 comment:

  1. My chidlren and I love snickerdoodles but have never made the cookies version!

    Don't know what I'm waiting for!

    Happy 2009!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails