In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Friday, December 12, 2008

Persimmon Blondies


Just as I am figuring them out, persimmon season is coming to and end. I made these persimmon blondies from Vanilla Garlic last night. I have been meaning to make them for weeks. They were sooooo good. I love the light subtle flavor and unlike my Persimmon Spice Cake, I think I can actually taste the persimmon in these ones. When persimmons are out of season I may try and make these with mango as well. These really are good, did I mention that?

Persimmon Blondies
from Vanilla Garlic
Ingredients
1/2 cup of butter, melted
1 cup of tightly packed dark brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of allspice
1 cup of persimmon puree from (1 large hachiya persimmon)
Method
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour an 8X8 pan. Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
2 Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.
3 Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt, mix it all together.
4 Place the pulp from the hachiya persimmon into a food processor and puree. Add to the blondie mixture and whisk very well.
4 Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve.
Makes 9 blondies.
Check out the cute little potholder I bought at the green holiday sale last weekend. Melissa over at Friends of Creamer's Field sells them. I am always checking out her crane ones as well. I just couldn't resist the little pigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails