In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Parmesan Herb Biscuits


Who cares about these biscuits? Yes, Yes they were good and you should make them. Yes they were really easy to make. Maybe a little less herbs next time.

The really important news of the day is look....I have three columns. I finally figured out how to do it!! None of the standard blogger formats have three columns and I finally figured out how to edit my html to get them. I was scared to death, thought for sure I would delete my entire blog and then cry all during dinner as I mourned the loss of my blog. But no, I did it. No more three column envy, I have them! Is anyone else excited? Please don't ask me how I did it, I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it again! I can give you the biscuit recipe though...

Parmesan-Herb Biscuits
from Bon Appétit
List of Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
6 Tbsp nonfat dry milk powder
¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried tarragon
1 tsp dried basil
½ cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch cubes
¾ cup (or more) ice water


Instructions

Preheat oven to 400° F.Whisk first 9 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Add butter and cut in with fingertips until very coarse meal forms. Gradually add ¾ cup ice water, tossing until moist clumps form and adding 1 or 2 tablespoons more water if needed to form a slightly sticky dough.
Gather dough into ball. Sprinkle work surface with flour. Using floured hands, press dough into 6-inch square. Cut dough into nine 2-inch square biscuits. Arrange biscuits with sides touching on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake biscuits until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Separate biscuits slightly and cool 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.Makes 9 biscuits.

3 comments:

  1. I snuck in last night as saw you had three columns. Nice work!

    And the biscuits look good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The biscuits look like they are the perfect accompaniment to a good soup!
    YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! 3 columns of blog and 3 columns of biscuits! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails